Renting a home in BC
When you pay the rent to live in someone’s property who dose not live with you and has your name on a tenancy agreement, then you would be considered as a tenant and protected by the Residential Tenancy Act.
- No application fee. (Be award of some property management company will charge the application fee. “PLEASE SAY NO”)
- Understand and respect to tenant rights and responsibilities.
- Has a written residential tenancy agreement with the owner or manager of the property.
- Half of monthly rent as your Security deposit.
- Pay the rent on time.
- Signed move-in and move-out condition inspection required.
If you rent a condo/apartment/townhouse:
You will also require:
- Have a “Form K”- Notice of Tenant’s Responsibilities from landlord or manager of the property
- Pay the move-in/out fee (not refundable).
- Book an elevator before you move-in/out.
Information of Residential Tenancies
Information of Tenant in Strata